- Course code: EL032IU/EL032WE
- Prerequisite: Introduction to Linguistics (EL013IU/EL013WE)
- Previous courses: Phonetics and Phonology (EL022IU/EL022WE), Morphology (EL023IU/EL023WE), Syntax (EL024IU/EL024WE), and Semantics (EL025IU/EL025WE)
- Course description: This course provides a critical commentary on some implications of kinds of language contact situations, which are explored. Detailed treatments are offered of issues involved in semantic and morphological change and reconstruction. The course explores different kinds of irregularity in sound change and the diverse motivations for such changes, all in the context of comparative reconstruction.
- Availability : Semester 2
BACK TO THE PREVIOUS PAGE