Đào Nguyễn Anh Đức
Ph.D., Education, University of Nottingham, 2021
MBA, University of Bolton, 2012
M.A., TESOL, The University of Queensland, 2004
B.A., TESOL, University of Education HCM, 2000
TEACHING / RESEARCH
I teach courses on English language skills, including pronunciation and academic writing, and English language teaching methodologies. I also work as a local trainer for Cambridge University Press in Vietnam.
My research interests include L2 pronucniation teaching and learning, teaching writing, and teacher education.
- Dao, D. (2022). An investigation into teacher preparedness for emergency remote teaching in the context of Vietnam. Rupkatha Journal, 14(4), 1-16. https://doi.org/10.21659/rupkatha.v14n4.17.
- Dao, D. (2022). The effects of the teacher on L2 pronunciation learning: A mixed methods study. In J. Levis & A. Guskaroska (eds.), Proceedings of the 12th Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching conference, ISSN 2380-9566, Brock University, June, 2021 (pp. 86-99). St. Catharines, ON: Brock University. https://doi.org/10.31274/psllt.13267.
- Dao, D. (2018). Learner perception of L2 pronunciation instruction. The English Teacher Journal, 47(2), 14-22. https://meltajournals.com/index.php/TET/article/view/51/48.
- Dao, D. (2018). Learners’ perspectives on English pronunciation teaching and learning: A preliminary study in the Vietnamese context. In J. Levis (Ed.), Proceedings of the 9th Pronunciation in Second Language Learning and Teaching conference, ISSN 2380-9566, University of Utah, September, 2017 (pp. 86-99). Ames, IA: Iowa State University.
- Dao, D. (2016). In my Phonetics and Phonology class, you need to talk and ask, students! In N. Nguyen, H. Pham, T. Tran & T. Mai (Ed.), Proceedings of the 4th TESOL Conference 2016, ISBN 978-604-922-335-8, Ho Chi Minh City Open University (pp. 58-66). HCMC: HCMC Publishing House of Economics.
RECENT CONFERENCE PRESENTATTIONS
- Dao, D. (2022, December 15-16). An investigation into teacher preparedness for emergency temote teaching in the context of Vietnam [Virtual presentation]. The Third Rupkatha International Open Conference 2022 (3rd RIOC), Italy.
- Dao, D. (2022, December 9-10). Learner perspectives on L2 pronunciation learning: Strong versus weak learners [Parallel presentation]. The International TESOL Conference 2022, Ton Duc Thang University, Vietnam.
- Dao, D. (2022, March 28-29). Teacher preparedness for emergency remote teaching (ERT): Implications for language teacher education [Virtual parrallel session]. International Conference on “Smart Education in the Post Covid Pandemic” 2022 – Walailak University, Thailand.
- Dao, D. (2021, December 16-18 ). A template for integrating technology into teaching writing skills in emergency distance education [Virtual parallel session]. GloCALL 2021, Malaysia.
- Dao, D. (2021, November 26-27). The use of technology in teaching writing: Evaluation of an online research paper writing course during an emergency [Parallel session]. 18th AsiaCALL, Hoa Sen University, Vietnam.
- Dao, D. (2021, November 22-25 ). Learner empowerment through differentiated instruction: Capitalising on the learner’s ability [Virtual presentation]. Global Schools Festival 2021, Cambridge University Press.
- Dao, D. (2021, June 18-19). The effect of the teacher on L2 pronunciation learning: A mixed-methods study [Parallel session]. The 12th PSLLT 2021 (Virtual) – Brock University, Canad
- Duc, D. (2021, May 21-22). Teaching writing as a process with the aid of technologies: reflection on learning experience [Parallel session]. The 9th Open TESOL International Conference, Open University HCMC, Vietnam.
- Dao, D. (2021, February 26-27). Language education in a post-Covid 19 world: Lesson learnt from the virtual classroom in an emergency context [Plenary presentation]. The 2nd International Conference on Education (APHEIT-EDU 2022), Thailand.
- Dao, D. (2019, March 7). English pronunciation teaching in a globalised context: The nativeness versus intelligibility dilemma and its implications for L2 teachers [Plenary presentation]. Cambridge Day 2019, HCMC, Vietnam.
- Dao, D. (2018, August 18-20). L2 pronunciation through the eye of the learner [Parallel session]. The 27th MELTA Conference, Johor Bahru, Malaysia.
- Dao, D. (2017, September 1-2). Learners’ perspectives on English pronunciation teaching and learning: A preliminary study in the Vietnamese context [Poster session]. The 9th Annual PSLLT, Utah, USA.
- Dao, D. (2016, May 14). In my Phonetics and Phonology class, you need to talk and ask, students! [Conference presentation]. Teaching Methodologies and Learning Outcomes in HCMC Conference, Open University HCMC, Vietnam.